Finding the Arslanbob Forest
Summer Adventure and Photography Expedition
Bishkek - Arslanbob - Bishkek
12/07/2018 - 15/07/2018
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Total Distance: epx 1150 km
Highlights: Song-Kul Lake, Kazarman, Sary-Kyr Pass, Arslanbob, Ketmen-Tөbө Valley/Toktogul Reservoir, landscape observation, nomadic lifestyle and cultural observation
The Arslanbob Walnut Forests in Kyrgyzstan were the very last point had been reached by Alexander's The Great advanced troops in Central Asia.
We will reach Song-Kul Lake and try to find the real shepherds. Try to find a new tourist-free locations for slow evening on the west shore of Song-Kul Lake with local shepherds photographing their summer lifestyle and nearby surroundings and landscapes.
We will enjoy and capture panorama views of the vast area of Kazarman
Will discover everyday life of local people in Arslanbob forests
We will pursue the sunset just right the coastline of the Toktogul Reservoir
Day 1: Bishkek - SongKul
- We leave Bishkek at 8.00 am and drive directly to Song-Kul Lake.
- Lunch somewhere on the way.
- Find location on the west shore of the lake
- Overnight in tents at Song-Kul.
Have to cook by ourselves
Dinner by the fire (gas)
Day 2: Song-Kul - Kazarman - Arslanbob
- We leave Song-Kul in the very early morning and drive to Arslanbob through Kazarman
- We arrive at Arslanbob in the afternoon, discover the area and plan for next day
- Overnight stay at guest house (CBT*)
Dinner at guest house epx 300 som per person
B&B is around 600 som per person
Day 3 : Exploration of Arslanbob forest
- We go deep into the walnut forest
- Depart to Ketmen-Tөbө Valley/Toktogul reservoir in the afternoon
- Chasing sunset at the manmade lake
- Overnight stay in tents
Have to cook by ourselves
Dinner by the fire
Day 4: Toktogul - Bishkek
- Late morning drive to Bishkek. We will go over two high altitude passes.
- Will be back in Bishkek in the early evening.
Our main joy for this tour are adventure and photography. We will stop and breath as many as we desire. We in The Last Nomad Republic are gibrid photography enthusiasts. We shoot both digital and film. We give our special treat to analogue film photography - slow and relaxed.
*CBT - Community Based Tourism Association
Two spare seats available for our trip.
Price : 150 USD or 10500 KGS per person
Tents. We will definitely have two tents and may have three if needed.
Food and fire if we camp our own.
Price do not include B&B and dinner at guest house in Arslanbob or Yurt stay at Song-Kul.
Please have your own sleeping bag.
For more information please contact via
Call +996 771 491 140